As we get close to opening (as we’ve been saying, vaguely soonish), it’s become obvious how much Bywater is a product of the collective creativity of our community–it’s not just ours, but really the result of the hard work of so many artists, craftsmen, local businesses and professionals. The Warren/East Bay/Providence area is home to some pretty badass folk.
Here’s a brief and probably incomplete shout-out to some of the people responsible for the bits and pieces that make a restaurant.
- O&G Studio: our partners, friends, and collaborators Jon Glatt and Sara Ossana designed and then fabricated Bywater from the ground up.
- Sweettrade designed and created all leather goods, including menus, coasters, and check presenters
- Michael Cevoli took amazing photographs of the food & drink
- Laura Sorensen of Atelier LKS created our branding for web and print
- DISH boutique supplied our front-of-house staff with functional, beautiful aprons made in New York by Utility Canvas
- The artist William Schaff created original works for our State Street facing windows (pictured on Instagram, above)
- Stock Culinary Goods provided great conversation, tabletop inspiration, and our lovely Opinel knives
Cheers and thanks to these people and many more.